KNOW YOUR MUSIC INSTRUMENT
(Traditional and Non Traditional)
Written by DS Soewito
Written back on facebook note by Arie Rachmawati.
For Max Ridgway
The definition of a traditional musical instrument that is typically found in areas around the country (Indonesia). of how to play, traditional musical instruments can be distinguished as follows:
- Musical Instruments at (percussion)
- Wind instrument
- Musical Quote
- Stringed instrument
Hit MusicalPercussion instruments (percussion), serves as a rhythmic (accompanist) and melodic (carrier track). which serves as a rhythmic instrument, for example: type of drum, gong, kecrek. Which serves as a melodic instrument, such as: type gambangm saron, kolintang, calung.
Wind instrumentThis traditional wind instruments in general serves as a melodic (carrier track). included in this group such as: types of traditional flute and trumpet.
Musical QuoteThis traditional stringed musical instrument strings and functions also as a melodic instrument. included in it, namely, the type of harp or zither and sasando.
Stringed instrumentFunction traditional stringed instrument as well as melodic. included in this stringed instrument, namely: the type of fiddle. Types of rebab is often found in areas that looks almost the same, but there are strings that jumlanya 1.2 and 3.
**Traditional Musical Instruments **
- Gendang Melayu
- Gendang Karo
- Gendang Jawa Barat
- Kendang Jawa
- Gendang Bali
- Gong Kemeda
- Suling Lembang
- Gong Lambus
- Suling Sunda
- Rendo** Non-Traditional Musical Instruments **
- Drum Set
- Pianika (alive)
- Regular guitar
- Electric guitar
- Bass guitar
- HarmoniumINFORMATION1. G E N D A N G M E L A Y U(Malay Drum)Malay drum is a musical rhythmic drum type typical of the Melayu Deli, North Sumatra.The form of thin, wide diameters to achieve + / - 50-60 cm. Her skin is just next door, the front only. Usually diaminkan pair (2 pieces) as well consist of a large drum and small drum.Used for art Orekes Melayu Deli. Twelve Serampang Malay dances and Ronggeng Malay. Art Ronggeng melayu is now rarely found. Malay art Ronggeng old days a lot of fans.2. G E N D A N G K A R OThat kind of drum that contained in the land wars of North Sumatra. Unlike the drum-drum alin, drum karo is a form of small size. diameter of only + / - 10-15 cm. Her skin diapasng right and left, use it to play using the bat. This drum plays a role in local arts Tanah Karo, for example, under a kind of dance Kolong social dances in the Land of Karo. commonly used to accompany dances in 2 pieces or 3 pieces with different sizes. Other musical instruments that were involved are the type of wind instrument (trumpet tardisional Karo) and Gong.3. M A R W A SMarwas a type of drum, but the form of small size. Shell 2, right and left, the middle line between + / - 15-20 cm, the length of the frame + / - 10 cm Played a pair (2 pieces) of different sizes. Marwas titmis a tool in the art of orchestral stringed instruments found in the Malay Deli (North Sumatra, Riau and South Kalimantan) to accompany the dance Japin (Japen) Japin art is folk dance, accompanied by singing. The dancers wear traditional uniforms.4. R E B A N ATambourine type drum-skinned one (right). This type there are several types with varying sizes, namely: terebang (fly), kentrung, ketimplik (ketimpling). Large diameter of the skin varies about + / - 20-30 cm, but there is also greater. Tambourine man there is in place, namely in areas where the population adheres to Islam. Tambourine tambourine used for art, which is a breath of Islamic art. The song is praise to God Almighty, Apostle and counsels, in Indonesian and Arabic. Tambourine is played as much as 3-6 pieces, sometimes even more. Each player holds a tambourine while singing. Tambourine is used also for the arts Angguk (Central Java), male dancers in black uniforms and attributes.5. DOG-DOGThis next-skinned drum types are often found in some areas of our country, with different names, for example: in West Java (Dog-dog), Simelungun (North Sumatra) - (Gondrang), the island of Nias (Gondrang), the island of Roti (pumpkin). On the island of Nias have a framed Gondra long till + / - 150-200 cm, was named Rafa'i small size. In Bengkulu (Tabot), and Sumatra (Tabuik). In western Java Dog-dog used to the arts Reog. Played 3-5 people, each player holds a dog-dog with a different size, and act as a bodoran (comedian). How to play using a paddle or by hand. The size of the center line of the shell varies between 20-30 cm, but there are also larger.6. GENDANG JAWA BARATDrum called western Java, because this type of drum is found in the arts-the arts that exist in western Java. Skinned two, right and left, the size of their diameters vary + / - 20-30 cm. This type of drum is used for art in the art Psundan (Sunda), Cirebon, offerings, and also in Batavia or other areas of West Java. Usually played until 2atau 3 drum sizes venomous. In Jaipong dance, plays drums is all. This type of drum as encountered in the South Kalimantan region called the baboon, to arts and Banjar Puppet Arts Pencak Silat.7. K E N D A N GDrum as the drum is used in art-art Java. Her skin was the right and left, it was bigger than the drum of West Java, and somewhat bloated abdomen. This type of drum is composed of several kinds, with different sizes, namely: Kendang Gede, Kendang Gending, or Kendang Bem. Medium-sized drums or drum sticks ciblon and the smallest size drum or kulanter ketipung. This drum skin named tebokan. Perengangnya ropes called serpents, and rings perengangnya named enemies. Above named horses are named Plangkan. All art is in Central Java and East Java to use this type of drum, for example purwa puppet arts, musicians, ketoprak, ludruk and others. Ki Narto Sabdo (deceased), in his lifetime was a drum player and renowned puppeteer, as well as the creator of Java songs.
8. G E N D A N G B A L IIf the drum Kendang West Java and Java is almost the same shape, namely the body / belly somewhat bloated form the drum Bali is part of the body / stomach does not form. The excess width of the center line of skin the right and left differ greatly. Magnitude size also varies, which is used in small gupek named Arja gamelan and gamelan temple in Bali. Ketipluk, also means a kind of drum sounds of Bali, which is on the right and left frame hung a rope and made a round-Rounded edges to form small balls. When shaken, spheres or balls banging on her skin. Ketipluk is used for Balinese Hindu religious ceremonies.9. J I D O RJidor type of drum width in diameter up to + / - 50-70 cm. Her skin there is a right and left, but some are just next to it. Jidor Tanjidor is used for art, folk art using non-traditional wind instruments, the songs brought Mars and vibrant. Art like this found in Jakarta and surrounding areas, are also encountered in the area of South Kalimantan.
10. B E D U GThe drum is a percussion instrument that looks great. Her skin is just next door, but there is also the right and left. Drum can dikumpai everywhere local population is Muslim. Useless as a guide prayer times, and placed in mosques. Outside the mosque Bedug type is also used as an instrument, as a supporter of the arts-the arts ketoprak, gamelan. Sekati (Central Java) and art nabeuh Pandegelang area (West Java), which played several different drum size. Types beduq great length + / - 150 Cm, named drum gubrag. On the feast of Eid al-Fitr is a lot of drum played by the people of West Java, as the fighting art of the drum. The largest drum in the ground water, is contained in Purworejo.to be continued . . .